* It helps your uterus to contract after birth so that you don't bleed too much after birth.
*It helps your uterus to continue to shrink down to pre-birth size.
*It increases your postivie emotions as the oxytocin hormone is stimulated. This prevents post-partum depression.
*It stimulates the prolactin hormone which helps you go to sleep after feeding.
* It has statistically been found to decrease the chances of your having ovarian cancer, breast cancer, osteoporosis, and alzheimers.
* It feeds them! Every baby needs food!
* Breastfeeding profoundly boosts their immune system
* Feeding at the breast creates a feedback system so that specific immunity boosters go to your baby as he/she needs them.
* Breastfed babies have significantly less diarrhea, respiratory, and ear infections .
* The occurrence of serious childhood illnesses like asthma, type I diabetes, leukemia, and allergies is decreased in breastfed babies.
* Protects against SIDS
* It is always available. It requires no particular storage or preparation.
* In case of a natural disaster, there isn't a shortage of food for baby, and feeding baby doesn't depend on clean water or fuel, which can be absent for prolonged times.
* Better facial development, associated with better dental and speech development.
* Keeps baby more healthy, so mom misses less days at work due to infant illness, if she is working outside the home.
* Costs less.
* Is easier to travel breastfeeding a baby compared to bottle feeding a baby.
* Protects the environment: no packaging, no plastics, no waste.
* Promotes bonding.